Friends, jetlag is real. Bangalore is 11.5 hours ahead of Utah (i.e., I am writing this at 10:30 Sunday night, it is 11am Sunday at home). Both days since arriving in Bangalore, I have fallen asleep in the afternoon and slept for several hours. Then, this morning, I was wide awake at 5am after only 4 hours of sleep. I have a feeling that work is going to be rough tomorrow.
Other than the jetlag, the weekend has been pretty uneventful. I took a walk yesterday morning down 100 Foot Road (yep, really the name of the road), just to begin to get a feel for the neighborhood. First observation, everything is much more modern than I had expected. One thing that I had been prepared for, but still took me aback was the cows in the middle of the city. There was an overpass with at least a dozen cows just hanging out underneath.

The one thing that has impressed me above anything else here is the friendliness and hospitality. Both in the hotel and the business park, but also in general, the Indian people are so friendly and hospitable. It is something that I am not used to. The hotel staff will stop everything they are doing to say hello and ask if I need anything, even when I am just walking by. Last night, at dinner, the waitstaff would refill my water almost every time I took a sip.
I am looking forward to exploring the city and learning more about the Indian culture in the coming weeks and months. I feel that there is so much to experience and learn about!
Other than the jetlag, the weekend has been pretty uneventful. I took a walk yesterday morning down 100 Foot Road (yep, really the name of the road), just to begin to get a feel for the neighborhood. First observation, everything is much more modern than I had expected. One thing that I had been prepared for, but still took me aback was the cows in the middle of the city. There was an overpass with at least a dozen cows just hanging out underneath.
The one thing that has impressed me above anything else here is the friendliness and hospitality. Both in the hotel and the business park, but also in general, the Indian people are so friendly and hospitable. It is something that I am not used to. The hotel staff will stop everything they are doing to say hello and ask if I need anything, even when I am just walking by. Last night, at dinner, the waitstaff would refill my water almost every time I took a sip.
I am looking forward to exploring the city and learning more about the Indian culture in the coming weeks and months. I feel that there is so much to experience and learn about!
No comments:
Post a Comment