I finally found my way to the city after a few wrong turns, a lot of backtracking, and some trying to not look lost. I found the shopping district, shopped around for a bit, found the train station again-so I won't be too lost early tomorrow when I have to catch my train for Germany, then began walking back towards where I came from. I looked around another area, knowing that the "tourist" part of town must be nearby. All of the attractions, but none of the shopping. Finally I walked back between some buildings and found where I spent the rest of the day. There was a large square, a pavilion with music playing, and shops and restaurants as far as the eye could see. It was something I have only seen in the movies. I went back to the hotel late afternoon, sightseeing along the way, kicked my feet up, and relaxed. I then went back to the square with the intent of dinner. The problem? My choices were McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Quick Burger, or 20euro per plate. Nope not happening! My dinner then? Ice cream. Don't judge. It was amazing. I am now sitting outside of the hostel. enjoying the fall breeze, people watching, and enjoying the night. Today has been one amazing day! Within the hour, everyone here will be drunk, and then the people watching will really start. Welcome to my life in Europe.
Friday, September 9, 2011
Just Keep Walking
I finally found my way to the city after a few wrong turns, a lot of backtracking, and some trying to not look lost. I found the shopping district, shopped around for a bit, found the train station again-so I won't be too lost early tomorrow when I have to catch my train for Germany, then began walking back towards where I came from. I looked around another area, knowing that the "tourist" part of town must be nearby. All of the attractions, but none of the shopping. Finally I walked back between some buildings and found where I spent the rest of the day. There was a large square, a pavilion with music playing, and shops and restaurants as far as the eye could see. It was something I have only seen in the movies. I went back to the hotel late afternoon, sightseeing along the way, kicked my feet up, and relaxed. I then went back to the square with the intent of dinner. The problem? My choices were McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Quick Burger, or 20euro per plate. Nope not happening! My dinner then? Ice cream. Don't judge. It was amazing. I am now sitting outside of the hostel. enjoying the fall breeze, people watching, and enjoying the night. Today has been one amazing day! Within the hour, everyone here will be drunk, and then the people watching will really start. Welcome to my life in Europe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like you're having a blast! :)
ReplyDeletesure am! Hope everything is going well at home!
ReplyDelete