Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 2:

Day 2 can be summed up in one phrase: Keep it classy, Belgium. From the graffiti, to the “Quick” fast food restaurant (Quality American Burgers), to the drunk people on the streets, the street stand selling escargot, and I could go on, there have been so many times today where all I have had a strong urge to laugh. I have never been happier than when I was in the tourist part of town tonight and heard both English and German being spoken; loved understanding people around me.
I had to get a transit pass today (nope not free like Logan). It was a pretty easy process except for the fact that I have been having ATM issues and had no cash for the picture machine (by the way, it is programmed to take horrible pictures), then was #70 in line to get in to actually get my pass. Goodness, could we find a way to make this quicker Brussels? Well, after a couple hours, a fight with an ATM, and a quick stop for a Doener (best one I have ever had, by the way), I have my pass for the next month. Also, the metro station where the ticket center is, also sits a humungous shopping centre. Poor me. Included along this street were 4 H&Ms, several other amazing stores, and some American stores. Saw a McDonalds, Pizza Hut, and Clair’s, just to name a few. Please Europe, keep your charm, don’t Americanize yourself too much.
As you can kind of see here, we are in one of the American sectors of Brussels.
Marriot, Pizza  Hut, and Mcdonalds.

Grand Place was pretty awesome; unfortunately, it was late when I went tonight, so I wasn’t able to really see much. However, I tried my first waffle, it rocked!
I have officially set the record for number of times getting lost in one day. Lost count. It was fun though. J  
Au Revior!

No comments:

Post a Comment