1. McDonalds has a headquarters for……Europe? Just outside of Brussels.
2. I have been able to buy several things without letting on that I don’t speak French.
3. It doesn’t work to walk up the down escalator very well, but I sure had fun watching a girl try to do it.
4. American tourists really do stick out like a sore thumb.
5. I sat on the grass in Liege and didn’t get yelled at; I guess it is allowed here….
6. That darned rain.
7. I live in Europe.
8. I love that I live in Europe.
9. I wish the people in Brussels spoke German instead of French; it would make my life much easier.
10. People seem much friendlier when I don’t mention that I am an American, but rather pretend to be German. I shall continue this little experiment and will report back.
11. A large group of people just walked by, pretty sure that they are Americans. (see #4)
12. There is also a BMW/Audi plant not far from Brussels.
13. The airlines should take a page out of the book about legroom from the European train system. It is so nice to have a bit of space to move my legs and keep my bags.
14. There are a lot of Albino Belgian cows.
15. I found two discount shoe stores today. Don’t worry mom, I was good. L
No comments:
Post a Comment