My trip to Germany yesterday was nice. Seven hours of trains can definitely make for a very long day, but the first 2 hours, from Brussels to Koln, was actually a lot of fun. Sitting in front of me was a couple with a little girl. She was about four. I heard them speaking German, and did no more than say “hallo” to the little girl. She quickly became my best friend. We colored, talked about her katze (cat), she showed me her blue yoyo, and told me that she also had a pink one at home. Later in the journey, the train got more full. A man asked to sit next to me, so unfortunately, she had to go sit next to her parents. Broke her little heart. It only took about 5 minutes though until she warmed up to him too and began talking to us through the seats. The guy and I also had a nice conversation. I love German people! They are always so friendly! It was great to speak German, I am always amazed at how little the language is spoken in Brussels.
My day in Hamburg was nice! I am not really used to being in such a big city that is actually so peaceful! It was so quiet and relaxing as I wandered around the city today! Hamburg is centered around the Elbe river and is a major German port city. It was very different than the Germany that I am used to.
Also different than what I am used to is the language. I am used to southern Germany which is much more of a distant dialect than what I have learned in school. The people here in the north speak in a way that is much easier to understand and communicate. Love it!
I am now off to spend a couple days in Copenhagen, Denmark. Bis Spaeter!
No comments:
Post a Comment