Happy 2011! Sorry, I know that I am a little bit late. With school starting, a job promotion, Christmas season, I could go on and on and on, anyway, life has been nuts! I am just sitting here, thinking about the next year and what it is going to bring. (ok, I am really just procrastinating some homework) I just want to share some of my thoughts about what is to come in the coming months.
1. School! Spring semester just started, I am taking 16 credits-12 on campus, 4 online. It is a busy schedule, but I thrive on the business. I love that I am progressing further and further into my program-I am a second semester junior now-I am taking more classes that I find interesting and relevant to what I am studying. The further I go, the more I love my classes, love learning, and really don't mind all of the hard work. I am hoping to graduate in fall of 2012, which brings me to the next item....
2. I am not going to school fall semester. No, I am not skipping out, not dropping out, not getting kicked out. I am skipping the country actually. Yep, leaving the good old USA for 3 months. I have received an offer to work as a Marketing Coordinator Intern at a company in Brussels, Belgium, called Obelis. (look it up, www.obelis.net) I am so excited!!! When I first applied for the position back in September, I thought it would be such a great opportunity, but really didn't know if I would get the job. I was oh so happily surprised in November when I received the offer. Obelis is an international company, with lots of opportunity to learn, work hard, gain contacts, and experience life in the world of international business. Biggest concern? I don't speak French. Ya, we will see how good I am at picking up a language with no formal training. I have books and materials to help me, the plan is to learn at least the basics in the next seven and a half months. I am leaving the first week of September, and will return the week of Christmas. I am also very excited to travel and spend time in my beloved Germany. I also want to get to England, France, Italy, and just about anywhere else I have the time and the means to go (unfortunately, Russia is not on the agenda).
3. No Shopko? Wait, really, this is hard to imagine. It is the only place I have ever worked. It is a bit of a commute from Brussels to Logan though, so I guess, at least for a while, I will not be working there. I am struggling to imagine my life not in retail, although I think I am ok with it.
4. More school. Since I am taking fall semester off, I am planning on going to school full time this summer. I really looking forward to the classes I am taking for the summer though, so it should be a good time. It will be nice to be busy and work hard all summer-not just be lazy and do nothing but work.
5. No more 'teenager'. My dad is struggling with this one, his baby girl is no longer going to be a teen in a couple of months. I have to say it is kind of weird, does this mean that I am a big kid now?
6. I am really trying to keep my priorities straight this year. I have put my foot down about when I will and will not work, do homework, and other things on Sundays. I am trying to have family dinner out at my parents' when I can. I have vowed not to miss church unless there are extreme circumstances. I have even looked up the church in Brussels already.
I am trying to think of more to write, but as you can see, my life is obviously pretty boring. Work, school, church, family, that pretty much sums it up. Oh well, this year is going to be amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment