Every college student knows the joys that accompany the last week of the semester. Finals. During fall semester, finals week is bad enough as we are ready for the joys of the holiday season. Visions of sugarplums are dancing in our heads as we study and prepare to go home for the long break. We are all happy and feeling the Christmas spirit. Studying: not so much fun. Spring semester is much worse however. The weather is nice (in theory, we won't discuss the snow situation in Logan this week), we have summer plans (well some do, 15 credit summer semester, here I come), and our landlords think that cleaning checks are in order. Last year, I was moving, so the cleaning wasn't so bad. This year, however, I am not moving until the end of the summer-when I head to Belgium!! (not at all excited about that....) Three of my four roommates are moving though, and our landlord requires that everyone cleans as though they are moving out. They even have a detailed list with everything you could possibly think of to clean. This stinks!!!! I have to clean the apartment now, and at the end of the summer when Dev and I move out. Don't worry though, the inside of the fan in my bathroom will be clean as soon as I figure out how to reach up there (I am too short to stand on the toilet or the bath tub-counter and reach over maybe?). I also cleaned the lights and am planning on the ever so fun tasks of cleaning the oven and stovetop burners later in the week. Of course I will remember to pull out the oven and clean underneath. Basically what I am saying is that as a student, studying for five, yep five finals and having to clean the apartment 'til it sparkles (oooohhh sparkles, maybe I will go buy sparkles; they can't argue with that, right?) is cruel and unusual punishment. The sun is even shining today. :-(
Moral of the story: I am not moving. Why do I have to clean as though I were?
Moral #2: I HATE finals week.
The End.
oh. Need help? I've been the survivor of 6 white-gloves, and 9 clean-checks for my deposit return. I feel for you; but remember to wear glasses/goggles while cleaning that fan while balancing on a box on a chair. (p.s. if you fall, the shower curtain does ripe off the rod)
ReplyDelete