I just have to get this off my chest. It is something that has been bothering me for a while now. I hate cooking for just myself! Ok, that is all. You can stop reading now. Although you might miss out on a little bit of my awesomeness. So, on the weekends I like to make something a little more than just boring old college food. I usually will cook a real meal. The only problem, cooking for one stinks. Last night I wanted tacos. I bought all of the fixings to make some tacos. Of course, stores do not sell like 1/2lb of hamburger or 1/4 head of lettuce. This does not please me. I ate 12 tacos between yesterday and today-all of the shells I had-and still threw away my lettuce and hamburger. I really think that I should be able to buy things in smaller portions. On the bright side, the tacos were tasty. :-D
The last week was tough. I had lots of stressfulness and trial in my personal, family, school, work, church, life. I know that I did not make it through on my own though, I had the wonderful hand of my Heavenly Father guiding me along. I think weeks like this one are necessary to keep me on the straight and narrow sometimes. The trials and stresses of life are wonderful lessons in faith, patience, and determination. I also know that the people who have been put in my life have been put there for certain reasons at specific times. I have been able to get to know some wonderful people who have been great influences in my life. I am so grateful for the many examples I have.
School seems to be calming down a bit right now. I keep telling myself that it is just the calm before the next storm. I love school!! The closer I get to getting my degree done (only 3 more semesters!!!!) the more I am thinking about graduate school. I have always said that I wanted to get an MBA, but thought it would be an eventually, maybe, somewhere down the road, type of deal. Lately though, I have considered the prospect of sooner rather than later. I don't know. I guess I will see where life takes me.
A quick quote to end this post:
And remember, no matter where you go, there you are. ~Confucius
or two.....:
Think positively about yourself.... ask God who made you to keep on remaking you. ~Norman Vincent Peale
No comments:
Post a Comment