Monday, September 27, 2010

Life Rocks!

S4 basically is the cutest apartment ever. We are cool like that.
Well, a month of school has past. Oh what a month it has been. I have learned and grown so much! My classes have been so eye opening and have taught me so much. I am constantly amazed at the great education that I am receiving here at USU. I am so lucky to learn in the great Huntsman School of Business. I really do have top notch instructors who really know what they teach and are so passionate about it. As I have been looking into my international experience, which is part of the international business degree, I have a potentially great experience in my future. I just need to prepare as best as I can for this great opportunity. :-)
Pretty, don't you think?
I absolutely am loving my new freedom of being able to move my elbow. :-) I had my cast removed last Thursday and after four days, I feel so good. I am slowly starting to move my arm more, elbow is still a bit stiff, and the wrist is very limited-which it will be for a while. I am so happy with the level of pain though. The pain from before the surgery is almost completely gone. While I am still in some pain, I know that it is just the normal paces of getting use back, but the tears and the pressure are no longer there. It is a very weird feeling to have screws in the arm, I love counting the bumps in my skin (is that weird?). I am having a great time typing with two hands, writing, holding things, SHOWERING without a sleeve, just to name a few of my favorite things of late.

My amazing friends!!
The last six weeks have been such a blessing in my life. I have been able to grow so much and have realized the hand of my Heavenly Father and have learned of how much he cares for me. I have been guided and helped along so much recently. Who knew that one of the biggest challenges in my life would also be one of the greatest blessings. I have learned so much about myself and have, as strange as it may be, mellowed out a lot. (yes, me, I have mellowed out)


I am having a blast with life right now. I have some of the greatest people around me. My roommates constantly bring a smile to my face, my neighbors are great (except when they take the good parking stalls....), my ward is so wonderful, my coworkers are so helpful and friendly, and of course, what would I be without my amazing family?!
I have come to the realization that I really do need to take time for fun. With the month that I took off from work after my surgery, I had such a great time, I was relaxed and played so much. I have spent the last 3+ years with my life totally controlled by work and school, never taking time for myself. I didn't even really how burned out I was getting. I have been trying since I went back to work to be sure and take the time to go out and do something fun at least once a week. I have really tried to balance my time between work and school to allow myself some 'me' time.
To End, one of my favorite quotes: "Das Leben gehoert den Lebenden an, und wer lebt, muss auf Wechsel gefasst sein." Life is for the living and who lives, must be prepared for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment