Friday, July 23, 2010

A Year of Change, A Time of Contemplation

As I sit here with a little bit of spare time, I think of so much to say. I contemplate my life and the greatness therein.
I am sitting here thinking about the last year in my life. Just over one year ago, I graduated from high school. I thought then, that life was so easy, nothing could go wrong, and I was ready for anything. To celebrate my new found freedom, I bought a car. Wakeup call #1: cars cost money. After working my way through high school, I had savings. This I thought could last forever. no, not quite I quickly realized. Last August I stretched my legs a little bit more, I moved out of my parents house. Great decision, yes. Difficult times, yes. worth it?, yes. Then Trevor came home. I had my brother back. Would life be the same as before? Actually it was better. The love of a family and the love felt between siblings was and still is so strong.
I began college. Having been finished with my freshman year upon high school graduation, I had no time to waste. I jumped in head first. I loved my classes, went every day, studied hard -something I never before had to do, and learned so much. This was my new life. My sophomore year suddenly became slightly more difficult: September 21, 2009. A day that changed me. It was just another day at work. I was working on some of my normal tasks, however, I lifted a rack, my left -yes dominant- wrist popped. No biggy, right? That is what I thought at the time. Now, ten months later I am here, no movement without pain, I have relearned nearly everything with my other hand. I never thought that surgery would be such a bright prospect -but hey, it can't make anything worse, right?
Enough of that. Anyway, I hope to be able to express some of my thoughts and feelings here in this blog. I love to write and feel like I am actually pretty decent at it. I hope you enjoy it as I do. Life really is wonderful, I wouldn't want to change one thing in my life, each experience, challenge, obstacle, and blessing have been for a reason and have shaped me into who I am today.

1 comment:

  1. You amaze me Meg! You have a hurt arm, pending surgery, and decide to start a blog. Nothing can knock you down.

    ReplyDelete